JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department:Sales and Marketing
Directly reports to:Chief Executive Officer
Date:17 January 2020
Application Deadline:07th February 2020 (5.00pm)
Uganda Securities Exchange Ltd (USE), a CMA licensed Stock Exchange that operates a securities market in Uganda is looking for a qualified, dynamic and self motivated person to serve as a Business Development Manager.
- Responsible for driving the USE’s strategy to attract companies at local, regional and global level to list on the different Market Segments.
- Growing business revenue from existing and new products/services while managing and supporting the community of listed issuers on the USE.
- Responsible for building, managing and strengthening relations with key stakeholder groups and influencers that support Uganda’s capital markets.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for origination, structuring and execution of new transactions, while promoting the different products & market segments offered by the Exchange and tailoring solutions to clients’ needs to generate revenue.
- Build and manage a portfolio of company leads for the respective market segments of the Exchange.
- Provide support to the community of Issuers listed on the USE and develop new relationships with clients and maintain existing ones.
- Work with brand and marketing team to co-ordinate and deliver USE programs and events (forums, conferences and meetings) aimed at establishing relationships with founder or institutional shareholders, executive management and board level of potential issuers.
- Develop and implement a client communication and contact plan for potential IPO candidates and existing Issuers, including members of the advisory and investor community.
- Ensure aggressive selling of the Exchange and its products/services through various methods including defined targeted marketing and digital campaigns to achieve specific objectives at regional and global level.
- Conduct routine market research, provide up to date market trends, assess economic/political factors that affect the market and identify specific market opportunities as well as develop strategic understanding of client’s business /sector.
- Support and apply developmental targets regarding the markets and trading for structural enhancements to mitigate risks.
- Build constructive and proactive relationships with other client facing departments of the Exchange to maximize interdepartmental cooperation and integrate business development plans.
- Develop goals for the sales & marketing team in regards to business growth and ensure they are met.
- Be a Champion for product Training while helping team members develop their sales and marketing skills.
- Attend to any other duties assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required: Marketing, Business or Management
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar role with knowledge of the Capital markets
- Master degree & professional qualification is an added advantage
- Financial services experience is an added advantage
Interested individuals should apply by submitting the following to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest (not more than two pages in length) describing knowledge, skills and abilities as related to the criteria outlined in this recruitment announcement.
- Detailed curriculum vitae with copies of relevant academic certificates attached
- Contact details of two professional and one personal referee.
And addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Securities Exchange Ltd
P. O. Box 23552
Any form of canvassing will lead to the automatic disqualification of your application. The remuneration package for this position is competitive and is commensurate with the terms and conditions of the Exchange.