CAREER OPPORTUNITY – INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER (1 Post)
Uganda Securities Exchange Limited (“the Exchange”) is the principal stock exchange in Uganda, providing a central place for trading of securities and a credible platform for companies to raise capital, through the issuance of appropriate debt, equity, and other investment instruments. The Exchange provides essential facilities for the private sector and government to raise money for business expansion and enables the public to own shares in listed entities. The Exchange is looking for a qualified, dynamic and self-motivated Information Systems Officer in its IT department. Under the supervision of the Information Systems Manager the job holder will perform the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, document and respond to queries including those regarding access to the active directory and file server.
- Track incidences that have not been closed in the system and ensure that they are closed.
- Track progress of any machines that have been taken for repair.
- Upload content on the Exchange website.
- Monitor and update antivirus on the Exchange computers.
- Monitor and configure windows updates.
- Monitor the data centre (server room) to ensure all machines are working.
- Carry out research and analysis of firewall threats.
- Manage the Exchange email system including creating new email addresses and passwords.
- Generate weekly and monthly status reports and submit them to the Manager Information Systems.
- Take and distribute minutes for all IT department meetings.
- Set up hardware e.g Projector, workstations, and PA systems.
- Install client software.
- Perform daily replication/back up of the virtual server infrastructure.
- Coordinate and supervise the quarterly servicing of company computers.
- Keep track of all IS assets (inventory management)
- Initiate change management for support desk.
- Develop user manual and procedural documents for the help desk and trading operations.
- Resolve tier 1 work orders.
- Escalate all complex priority problems to the appropriate support groups resolution.
- Ensure daily documentation of system changes and procedures are properly filed.
- Prepare market reports for dispatch to brokers, custodians, and media.
- Prepare news bits to be broadcast to media houses.
- Monitor the market during trading hours to ensure a free, fair, orderly, and transparent market.
General Competencies Required
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology or relevant field.
- A post graduate degree in a relevant technology or business field will be an added advantage.
- Qualifications in ITIL v3, or any industry best practice framework.
- Any Microsoft or network security certifications.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- An understanding of investment products and exchanges.
- Very good knowledge of SQL Server, networking, and Scripting
- Programming in web driven technologies is an advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 12th December 2023 at 5pm.
The remuneration package for this position is competitive and is commensurate with the terms and conditions of the Exchange.